This review is regarding Retro Fitness Gym in East Meadow, NY. I had a horrible customer service experience with this facility. Therefore, I want to let people know to look for warning signs before you get into black hole with this business.

1. This business is not BBB (Better Business Bureau) Accredited. So, basically they don't care about any rules or regulations. Their rating on BBB IS "F" which can provide you the a good idea about their customer service.

2. Customer service is very good when you go to sign up but after that things change for the worst.

3. During winter season, they keep the gym temperature lot lower (in low 50s) than the room temperature which means: "They do not provide adequate conditions for exercising". I had requested on 4 different occasions to the staff to address this. They reassure you but "DO NOT DO ANYTHING".

4. When you sign up the contract, tell them to give you all the yearly fees in writing. They will tell you that you will get it in the email but that is where they rip you off. DO NOT ASK FOR A COPY OF THE CONTRACT because that means you are already bound on the contract.

5. They will do a good job at reassuring you that you can cancel the contract if you provide a proof of you "change of location" and there is no Retro Fitness within 25 miles but this is extremely frustrating. When you will go for cancelation of your contract, this is never going to be easy.

6. Customer service is horrible, once you are a member and if you approach them to cancel your contract.

7. Everyone says, Mike is their manager but he is actually the owner. During whole time of my membership, I could never find out who was the manager!!

8. They will make mistake after mistake but you will never hear the word "Apology" from them. This is my personal experience.

9. I have been member of various gym in different Northeast states, but I never had such a hideous experience with anyone.

10. If you still decide to go for membership, GOOD LUCK.

Review about: Retro Fitness Customer Care.

Had an Experience with Retro Fitness?

Comments