In September 2011 I called retro to cancel membership.The membership was a gift to my son to use for 1 yr.
He hadn't used gym in over 6 months. I called to cancel and was told i had to send a letter. Well i thought I'd stop in to cancel in person. NOPE!
they were having none of that! They insisted it was in the 'agreement' that I send a letter. OK. I sent a letter and the woman behind the counter assured me she would accept the letter even if it wasn't registered because it was in the 'agreement' that it had to be a registered letter.
She must have cited the words "it is in the agreement" 6 times. At this point I could see where they were going with cancellations.
I send the letter and I'm still getting harassing calls from ABC Financial (who by the way has numerous complaints lodged against them for unscrupulous tactics). Today I call Retro and explain that I am still getting calls from ABC and I was told i still owed money for the month of Sept as well as Oct and Nov that I must pay in order to make ABC stop with the calls.
I'm stunned. Retro quickly cited "it's in the agreement" BS.
They want 60 days notice to cancel. Who knows 60 days in advance that they may have to cancel membership due to any number of reasons? The manager at Retro said to me she would waive 1 month.
Beware Retro Fitness.They are scammers
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Fitness Centers
You May Also Like
- "I posted the following review on Yelp - http://www.yelp.com/biz/anytime-fitness-alpharetta?hrid=2_4K_qenr1WTPQqRwcUk6A and was subsequently banned from their facility. Prior to leaving this review, I addressed my issue with CarolAnn Fitzpatrick (co-owner) over 2 months..."
- "My husband and I joined Gold's Gym in Kennewick, WA about the beginning of 2010. We were paying about $60 per month until my husband had to go to Colorado..."
- "The mgmt of the Anytime Fitness in Bedford, Raleigh, NC apparently does not know the difference between living their faith and imposing it. Having heard stories about the 2 managers..."
- "This company is horrible - they refuse to stand behind their goods. Sold my wife and I a bill of goods about our living room (purchased the Guardsman Elite..."
- "PayPal allows anyone to open a PayPal account using any email address they want, even if it's not the person's email address, and PayPal will refuse to remove the stolen..."
- "Had ordered a "gift of fresh, gorgeous assorted roses" (12+12 roses) for my husband's birthday and was totally disappointed upon receiving them. The picture on their site had vibrant roses..."
- "I booked pulse for 17 sep 4 am and when i reached dere RajBeer Bina selfdrives executive was there. We saw that in ur car the right hand side..."
- "The image on the left is what the flowers were supposed to look like. The image on the right is what they actually looked like. I can't believe..."
- "I was a blogger on the site for 10 years and my blog was the most popular blog on the site for many years. Recently my account was..."