Retro Fitness Scam!! Billed FOREVER and IMPOSSIBLE to cancel!!!
They are an absolute scam and stay FAR away! These practices (are)/should be illegal to the full extent. They require 60 days notice to cancel in which case they still continue to bill/charge the card you have signed up with them.
We called to cancel membership with them and they stated we need to send a letter to an address (no fax, calls, emails, only a letter) stating name, account, reason to cancel. We sent this letter and got no notice from them since. When we called to check 2 weeks later why we haven't heard anything, they stated that they REFUSE to look at anything unless it is sent certified mail ONLY!! They did NOT state this originally. So we sent certified mail to them and they got back to us another 2 weeks later stating that the "reason" (any reason) has to have PROOF with it. We asked what they mean by proof so in our case, we moved; they required a untility bill. So we sent a copy of our utility bill via certified mail (3rd letter sent out), and when we contacted them for status on the cancelation, they now require a SECOND utility bill, AND a copy of our driver's license.
So thats (1) Utility Bill (2) Utility Bill- 2nd (3) Driver's License. This is assuming the first thing you do when you move is to update your driver's license and dish out ridiculous fees and change your insurance right away.
At this point, I don't think I want this fraudulent company having a copy of my driver's license on file. After sending them this information, will take 2 weeks for them to process (in addition to all the other time spent with them); once a CONFIRMATION for the cancelation has been approved, at THAT point it is 60 days of billing continued.
AFTER the 60 day period, they will continue to charge you and come up with additional excuses why the cancelation is not sufficient. They will continue to bill you FOREVER!!!!!! You need to report fraud on your card, and get a new card and stop all old payments!
WARNING, if you cancel your account that they bill to, they will continue to charge you indefinitely to the same account even if it is closed! (and it will go through). In addition, even after you cancel your credit called, they will continue to bill for the ongoing months and send the account to the worst of collections agencies!!!
STAY FAR AWAY FROM RETRO FITNESS!!!!1181fa6b review #285171
You may also like
- "I've been a member at Retro for years and have signed up my family members to..I Went to the Retro in Woodbridge cause I was in the area and unknown..."
- "My husband and I joined Gold's Gym in Kennewick, WA about the beginning of 2010. We were paying about $60 per month until my husband had to go to Colorado..."
- "Snap Fitness German Village Columbus Ohio. I have had more trouble then a little bit with poor customer service and access cards. As a gym that claims to give you..."
- "There's a store in my little town in Florida, and they are doing you a big misrepresentation by selling your ice cream high, and freezing it rock solid and selling..."
- "Big thumbs down to the BC Road safe Inc ( Traffic Control Company) employee who decided to park in a handicap zone in company vehicle. She absolutely ignored..."
- "I am quite a fan of chips ahoy cookies especially the chunkie ones. I bought a box the other day and noticed there were darker than usual...after i tasted them..."
- "I thought my Lennar complaint was awful then I read about Ruth in Pearland, Texas. They purchased a Lennar Home with a cracked concrete slab which was not disclosed..."
- "Lennar: A Corporate Sleazebag? Too Big to go to Jail - The Lennar Story -FDI's soon to be released documentary. Good reading for anyone who is thinking..."
- "Not happy with cheating hundreds of expats out of their hard-earned retirement money by promising high-yielding bogus investments, De Vere is a world-class scammer of unsuspecting new financial consultant recruits.The..."