Retro Fitness Scam!! Billed FOREVER and IMPOSSIBLE to cancel!!!
They are an absolute scam and stay FAR away! These practices (are)/should be illegal to the full extent. They require 60 days notice to cancel in which case they still continue to bill/charge the card you have signed up with them.
We called to cancel membership with them and they stated we need to send a letter to an address (no fax, calls, emails, only a letter) stating name, account, reason to cancel. We sent this letter and got no notice from them since. When we called to check 2 weeks later why we haven't heard anything, they stated that they REFUSE to look at anything unless it is sent certified mail ONLY!! They did NOT state this originally. So we sent certified mail to them and they got back to us another 2 weeks later stating that the "reason" (any reason) has to have PROOF with it. We asked what they mean by proof so in our case, we moved; they required a untility bill. So we sent a copy of our utility bill via certified mail (3rd letter sent out), and when we contacted them for status on the cancelation, they now require a SECOND utility bill, AND a copy of our driver's license.
So thats (1) Utility Bill (2) Utility Bill- 2nd (3) Driver's License. This is assuming the first thing you do when you move is to update your driver's license and dish out ridiculous fees and change your insurance right away.
At this point, I don't think I want this fraudulent company having a copy of my driver's license on file. After sending them this information, will take 2 weeks for them to process (in addition to all the other time spent with them); once a CONFIRMATION for the cancelation has been approved, at THAT point it is 60 days of billing continued.
AFTER the 60 day period, they will continue to charge you and come up with additional excuses why the cancelation is not sufficient. They will continue to bill you FOREVER!!!!!! You need to report fraud on your card, and get a new card and stop all old payments!
WARNING, if you cancel your account that they bill to, they will continue to charge you indefinitely to the same account even if it is closed! (and it will go through). In addition, even after you cancel your credit called, they will continue to bill for the ongoing months and send the account to the worst of collections agencies!!!
STAY FAR AWAY FROM RETRO FITNESS!!!!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Snap Fitness German Village Columbus Ohio. I have had more trouble then a little bit with poor customer service and access cards. As a gym that claims to give you..."
- "My husband and I joined Gold's Gym in Kennewick, WA about the beginning of 2010. We were paying about $60 per month until my husband had to go to Colorado..."
- "Helen An reviewed Snap Fitness Spring Hill. November 28 at 4:33pm · ★☆☆☆☆ Just be careful if u didnt pay ur membership at springhill n using their gym often The owner (..."
- "I bought a cvs brand face and body bleach which was noted as gentlier than the competation. I followed the instruction on the box and mixed the activator and cream and..."
- "I'm reading about the History of Fraud on the Energy Star Program and I hope that Lennar Home Builders will also read it and REMOVE their Energy-Star and Comfort Wise..."
- "SupremePsychics is really a bad website and was established in March 2013. The psychics on there are fake and are just here for the money. They do not care for..."
- "I bought a 2005 Chevrolet 1500 reg cab from Glynn smith in opelika al in September 2005. It had 3000 miles on it. It now has 74000. The tail light..."
- "I was told by my periodontist that as soon as the technology for implants improved I should get them and I did for my whole mouth. And it was..."
- "I purchased this set in July 2012 since then it started Cracking and Peeling. I had also purchased the Extended Warranty. Since I had that warranty I called and was..."