Retro Fitness difficult/impossible to cancel
In September 2011 I called retro to cancel membership.The membership was a gift to my son to use for 1 yr.
He hadn't used gym in over 6 months. I called to cancel and was told i had to send a letter. Well i thought I'd stop in to cancel in person. NOPE!
they were having none of that! They insisted it was in the 'agreement' that I send a letter. OK. I sent a letter and the woman behind the counter assured me she would accept the letter even if it wasn't registered because it was in the 'agreement' that it had to be a registered letter.
She must have cited the words "it is in the agreement" 6 times. At this point I could see where they were going with cancellations.
I send the letter and I'm still getting harassing calls from ABC Financial (who by the way has numerous complaints lodged against them for unscrupulous tactics). Today I call Retro and explain that I am still getting calls from ABC and I was told i still owed money for the month of Sept as well as Oct and Nov that I must pay in order to make ABC stop with the calls.
I'm stunned. Retro quickly cited "it's in the agreement" BS.
They want 60 days notice to cancel. Who knows 60 days in advance that they may have to cancel membership due to any number of reasons? The manager at Retro said to me she would waive 1 month.
Beware Retro Fitness.They are scammers
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Here is my experience and my effort to make change: For years I have been communicating with the Operations Manager, Cesar Hevia Jr., about the condition of the gym (equipment breakage..."
- "I have been trying to end my contract with this company for 6 weeks: first, they collected the bill for July 2015 and told me to send a letter asking..."
- "It is after 6:30 am and I have been sitting outside the Ashlund facility for the past hour and have seen at least a dozen people walj up to a..."
- "I won an AUDI A8 QUATTRO 6 months ago by placing bid at Autobidmaster.com and the car is running perfectly. I got a flood damaged car with an undercarriage..."
- "I had two bad experiences with Pizza hut. One as you can see from the photo, waited over and hour for the pizza and got folded slices of pizza...."
- "This company is horrible - they refuse to stand behind their goods. Sold my wife and I a bill of goods about our living room (purchased the Guardsman Elite..."
- "The Free trial is a Joke! How can you test anything and see results in 14 days! Here's what you agreet to Be careful! When you order your 14 day trial..."
- "I ordered 6 items from FashionMia on January 11, 2016. After several weeks I received only 2 items. Fashionmia sent me an email stating that the other 4..."
- "Bought a pair of men's shoes over the holidays. By March, they were coming apart at the seams, literally. They were sent back to Coach for replacement by..."