In September 2011 I called retro to cancel membership.The membership was a gift to my son to use for 1 yr.
He hadn't used gym in over 6 months. I called to cancel and was told i had to send a letter. Well i thought I'd stop in to cancel in person. NOPE!
they were having none of that! They insisted it was in the 'agreement' that I send a letter. OK. I sent a letter and the woman behind the counter assured me she would accept the letter even if it wasn't registered because it was in the 'agreement' that it had to be a registered letter.
She must have cited the words "it is in the agreement" 6 times. At this point I could see where they were going with cancellations.
I send the letter and I'm still getting harassing calls from ABC Financial (who by the way has numerous complaints lodged against them for unscrupulous tactics). Today I call Retro and explain that I am still getting calls from ABC and I was told i still owed money for the month of Sept as well as Oct and Nov that I must pay in order to make ABC stop with the calls.
I'm stunned. Retro quickly cited "it's in the agreement" BS.
They want 60 days notice to cancel. Who knows 60 days in advance that they may have to cancel membership due to any number of reasons? The manager at Retro said to me she would waive 1 month.
Beware Retro Fitness.They are scammers
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Fitness Centers
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "an employee of anytime fittness placed an advertisment flier on my windshield. i called the number posted on the flier to address my concern over not being able to remove..."
- " Are usually go once or twice a month to the Retro fitness gym in commack New York. I am extremely serious and disappointed. I lost my card..."
- "Back in November, I decided to start the 21 Day Fix program with Beachbody after chatting with one of my friends who is currently a coach. There was a Thanksgiving..."
- "Had ordered a "gift of fresh, gorgeous assorted roses" (12+12 roses) for my husband's birthday and was totally disappointed upon receiving them. The picture on their site had vibrant roses..."
- "I won an AUDI A8 QUATTRO 6 months ago by placing bid at Autobidmaster.com and the car is running perfectly. I got a flood damaged car with an undercarriage..."
- "I would NEVER recommend this storage unit in UHAUL JERSEY CITY. My stored items were DAMAGED and subsequently thrown out due to poor maintenance of the storage unit. ..."
- "Please Beware of Manoj Kundnani He takes Rs.60000 for adwords campaign & Campaign remains active till 5 days and then suspended. Manoj scammed to many people charging huge money for adwords..."
- "Similar Worlds is the worst social site on the internet. It is just a bunch of *** and *** brought by the site owners Andrew Davis and Nuno Peralta...."
- "Hi Jo Kelly, My name is Jim Woodbury from Long Beach and would like to know who you were able to contact. I recently purchases from Vida in Beautiful Cancun Grand..."