Retro Fitness difficult/impossible to cancel
In September 2011 I called retro to cancel membership.The membership was a gift to my son to use for 1 yr.
He hadn't used gym in over 6 months. I called to cancel and was told i had to send a letter. Well i thought I'd stop in to cancel in person. NOPE!
they were having none of that! They insisted it was in the 'agreement' that I send a letter. OK. I sent a letter and the woman behind the counter assured me she would accept the letter even if it wasn't registered because it was in the 'agreement' that it had to be a registered letter.
She must have cited the words "it is in the agreement" 6 times. At this point I could see where they were going with cancellations.
I send the letter and I'm still getting harassing calls from ABC Financial (who by the way has numerous complaints lodged against them for unscrupulous tactics). Today I call Retro and explain that I am still getting calls from ABC and I was told i still owed money for the month of Sept as well as Oct and Nov that I must pay in order to make ABC stop with the calls.
I'm stunned. Retro quickly cited "it's in the agreement" BS.
They want 60 days notice to cancel. Who knows 60 days in advance that they may have to cancel membership due to any number of reasons? The manager at Retro said to me she would waive 1 month.
Beware Retro Fitness.They are scammersreview #266367
You may also like
- "It is after 6:30 am and I have been sitting outside the Ashlund facility for the past hour and have seen at least a dozen people walj up to a..."
- "An employee who works at the XSport Spa Patricia Delbosque, a self proclaimed friend of mine (2010, 2011), also cut my hair. We small talk about her troubles with the..."
- "I just had a humiliating experience at the YMCA at Bethesda Chevy Chase, Maryland location. I am disabled and of low income. I had returned with info and asked to..."
- "I won an AUDI A8 QUATTRO 6 months ago by placing bid at Autobidmaster.com and the car is running perfectly. I got a flood damaged car with an undercarriage..."
- "This company is horrible - they refuse to stand behind their goods. Sold my wife and I a bill of goods about our living room (purchased the Guardsman Elite..."
- "Had ordered a "gift of fresh, gorgeous assorted roses" (12+12 roses) for my husband's birthday and was totally disappointed upon receiving them. The picture on their site had vibrant roses..."
- "I just financed a Samsung Galaxy S6 that is about $700. The girl at the store said my payments would be $40 every 2 weeks which is fine. The very..."
- "I went to have my tyre Fit and balanced this morning at Goodyear Auto care, Tire Shop, at 1/93-95 Matthews Avenue, Airport West VIC 3042. before the job, told him..."
- "I will cancel my order because I am going to other place for some reason about me and my live-in partner were having trouble so I leave my live in..."